|DRAFT CSC, Title 18. Construction & Housing|
§ 1001. Short title.
§ 1002. Establishment.
§ 1003. Purposes.
§ 1004. Powers.
§ 1005. Supervision of Governor.
§ 1006. Membership, officers and meetings.
§ 1007. General manager of the board.
This Chapter shall be known and may be cited as the
Source: 11 TDC § 1, modified.
There is hereby created and established in
Source: 11 TDC § 2, modified.
The purposes of the
Source: 11 TDC § 3, modified.
Subject to any restrictions or limitations imposed by the laws of the
(1) To acquire personal property of all descriptions (in accordance with an approved budget if the acquisition of such personal property involves the expenditures of funds), and to hold, use, maintain, operate, lease, sell or otherwise dispose of the same in accordance with procedures established by the board and approved by the
(2) To receive, hold and disburse funds;
(3) To enter into and perform such contracts, leases, cooperative agreements, or other transactions with any agency of the
(4) To settle and adjust claims held by it against other persons or parties, and by other persons or parties against the board;
(5) To hire the General Manager of the board, subject to the approval of the
(6) To formulate plans and programs and to submit them, after approval, to the
(7) To establish policies and procedures for the operation of the board, and to transmit them after approval to the
(8) To approve the starting levels in terms of the number of positions and grades of the positions in each of the various divisions of the board, and approve the employment and termination of the heads of divisions of the board;
(9) To establish such divisions within the board as are necessary to carry out its purposes as set forth in Section 1003 of this Chapter, as well as plans and programs previously approved by the
(10) To establish, maintain, operate and engage in, upon its own account, any appropriate enterprise, undertaking or activities in furtherance of the purposes of the board, and to receive payment therefore, such revenues and incomes to go into the general fund of the board for use by it in accordance with its previously approved annual operating budget, and in furtherance of the purposes of this Chapter;
(11) To propose legislation to the
(12) To prepare such reports on programs, projects and operations of the board, including financial reports as the
(13) To exercise, through its chairman, members, and regular and special meetings of the board, supervision over the General Manager of the board and over its functioning.
Source: 11 TDC § 4, modified
The functions of the board shall be carried out under the general supervision of the
Source: 11 TDC § 5, modified
(1) The board shall consist of seven voting members who shall be appointed by the Governor
(2) The voting members shall serve for two year terms.
(3) Appointments to fill vacancies shall be made by the
(4) No member of the board shall simultaneously be an employee of the board.
(5) Members of the board shall be entitled to such compensation or allowance in lieu of subsistence as may be established by the board and approved by the
(6) Any member may be removed from office by the
(7) The board shall hold annual elections for the positions of Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Treasurer.
(8) The board shall hold meetings as often as necessary to carry out its purpose, functions and duties under this Chapter; provided that the board shall meet at least once every quarter.
(9) The board shall establish and transmit for approval by the
Source: 11 TDC § 6, modified.
The duties of the General Manager of the board are as follows:
(1) To direct the implementation of the programs, policies, projects and procedures of the board;
(2) To supervise, train, employ and terminate all employees of the board, and to carry out all other appropriate functions regarding board personnel, except as provided under Section 1004 of this Chapter.
(3) To maintain liaison among the board, the
(4) To report to the board at each regular meeting, and when requested, attend special meetings on the status, programs, and development of the board, its plans, projects and financial status.
(5) To maintain close communication with the Chairman of the Board, and when requested, with the
(6) To exercise full control and supervision over all the board's property and funds which have been assigned to him by the board;
(7) To authorize all expenditures of funds under board control, make contracts, acceptances, purchases and sales, with board approval, for such transactions in excess of five thousand dollars.
(8) To sign contracts in amounts of five thousand dollars or less, and sign jointly with the Chairman of the board contracts in excess of five thousand dollars.
(9) To prepare, submit and recommend to the board programs, and plans, budgets, policies and procedures.
(10) To execute and be responsible for the complete implementation of the board. s approved annual budgets, plans, and programs.
(11) To enforce to the maximum all approved policies, rules, and procedures of the board.
Source: 11 TDC § 7, modified.